Yesterday I wrote a post about the rioting in Ferguson and how we need to focus on economic and political empowerment and this came on my Facebook feed
I generally ignore stuff like this and don’t give a damn about what nonBlacks think about us but unfortunately this gentlemen, who is a fellow atheist, has a huge following. You would expect that atheists who claim to be free thinkers would actually use their brains and think. No, not this time. So for his sake below is a list of riots from 2001-2014 from the poo storm Wikipedia. I know, I know but they were the only ones to have a list but what did I notice? Most of the riots within the last 14 years were done by, you guessed it nonBlack folks.
A list of riots in the U.S. from 2001-2014. (Wikipedia)
- 2001 – Philadelphia Mardi Gras Riots, February 2001, (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2001 – Seattle Mardi Gras Riots, February 2001 (Seattle, WA)
- 2001 – University of Maryland student riots following team’s loss in the 2001 NCAA tournament, (College Park, MD)
- 2001 – 2001 Cincinnati Riots, April 2001, (Cincinnati)
- 2001 – Ohio State University, First Chittfest block party riot, April, (Columbus, OH)
- 2002 – University of Maryland students following their team’s victory in the 2002 NCAA tournament, (College Park, MD)
- 2002 – Ohio State University post University of Michigan football game riot, November 2002, (Columbus, OH)
- 2002 – Ohio State University, Second Chittfest block party riot, April 21, (Columbus, OH)
- 2003 – Benton Harbor Riot, June 2003 (Benton Harbor, MI)
- 2004 – April 5 Haredi Riot At Brooklyn
- 2005 – 2005 Toledo Riot, October 2005, (Toledo, OH)
- 2012– Anaheim police shootings and protests in Anaheim, California, several injuries and 24 arrested. (Anaheim, CA)
- 2013 – Riots in Brooklyn, New York after the death of Kimani Gray who was shot and killed by NYPD” (Brooklyn, NY)
- 2014 – Riots in Tampa, Florida After Cigar City Brewing Company prematurely ran out of beer at their annual release of their highly acclaimed Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout, angry attendees began a small riot. Police were called to the scene and dispersed the angry crowd. The riot prompted the brewery’s owners to cancel the event in the future. No lives were lost, but some injuries were reported. (Tampa, FL)
- 2014 - Riots in Ferguson, Missouri after rally in recognition of a teenage killed in police action shooting.
One thing I noticed is when White folks, I mean “revelers” riot or as the media likes to say “clash” over a hockey or football game good people like Dusty never blame it on White on White violence even though Whites commit the overwhelming majority crimes in the United States. Check the FBI stats here. Nope not at all.
They never say Becky and Tom makes all Whites look bad because they turned over cars when their favorite team lost or when a brewery ran out of beer. Why is that? Because Dusty and good White people like him see themselves as individuals. Black folks, not so much.
Looking at this list, you can see that when mostly Black Americans do riot, it is because they felt an act of injustice was committed against their community. On the rare occasion when Black folks riot, good White folks like Dusty all of a sudden proclaim it is some sort cultural and moral failing of ALL BLACKS. For the past few days, to the shock of so called nonBlack and mostly liberal allies, Black rioters from a town of approximately 20,000 people (where Blacks are 68% of the population), prove once again that ALL Blacks, 37 million of them in America, are thugs and criminals. Let me repeat, a riot in Ferguson, Missouri with a population of 20,000, had “nice” White people telling us that those couple of thousand Blacks made all Black people look bad.
Why is that? That my friends is White privilege on meth. Black Americans like myself, who work hard every day, who go to school, who have families, served in the military, most go to church and other things are your friends and neighbors are not even seen as individuals. We are like the borg to nonBlacks. Well good White people, I hate to tell you this but you are wrong. No, I am happy to tell you this. Black Americans are as diverse as the stars in the sky. Isn’t it foolish to believe that Charlie Manson, Hitler or Ted Bundy represents all Whites? So why the heck do you think a dude stealing a TV in a community four hours away from me represents me? I don’t think all Whites know each other because they are White. So why do you think all Black folks know each other because we are Blacks? Trust me, we don’t.
We are your friends and your neighbors folks. One does not represent all. Your “good” Black friend is not the exception but the rule. I cannot speak for all 37 million Black Americans but I can speak for myself. Just like good old Dusty’s Black friend who apparently agreed with his position does not represent all Blacks. One thing we can all agree on is that anyone and I mean anyone who riots for whatever reason is a fool.
Have a great day