The picture of above is me. Behind that smile was a coward. Could you believe I was afraid to write because I did not want to sound stupid? I know stupid is not a PC word, but that’s what I called for many years. I’ll explain that later. I always found an excuse to avoid writing. I told myself no one would read it, I couldn’t write or I had nothing to write about. The truth was I was living in fear.
You are probably wondering where my fear came from? When I was a kid all the way up to the beginning of adulthood I was bullied and lived in a very abusive home. Fighting, addiction, homelessness and poverty were the norm. I talk a little about this in my book. I was told I was worthless, ugly and wouldn’t amount to a thing. Almost everything I had done well was picked apart, criticized and finally discouraged. For what? Who knows what goes through the mind of an abuser and bullies. The thing is I believed it and for a short time gave up. I carried that lie and lived in fear for over two decades of my life. It was a very heavy burden.
The fear of trying, failing and the voices of the past cost me many opportunities. My ideas and the things I wanted to say were imprisoned in my mind. All of it led me to make poor choices. It wasn’t until I was fed up with the abuse of Black women I that decided I wanted to empower Black women by speaking up.
Enough about me. I really dislike talking about me because I don’t like people feeling sorry for me when this is about you. I just don’t want you to waste your time like I did.
Today, I want you to start working on your dreams right now. What excuses are you using? You don’t believe now is not the right time? How about the I have no money, no job, no time, no training, etc., excuses. I have heard and used them all. If you want something bad enough, you will find a way. I even wrote about starting a business with little to no money here and free training go here. If you want to travel for free go here (a different website). Now that we’ve found solutions to your excuses here are 10 reasons why you shouldn’t be a coward and live the life you’ve always wanted.
- Your time is limited. Life is so darn short. I see reminders every day. The truth is the older you get the more you witness good family, friends and people pass away. With their deaths, their hopes and more than likely their unfinished dreams die with them.
- You will regret not trying. You don’t want to look back on your life and wish you had done A, B, and C when you were physically and financially able to do it.
- It is never too late. You are not too old. Stop thinking that way. You know when it is too late? When you are dead and if you are reading this, you ain’t dead. No excuses. I provide links with above.
- Get started on it now. Think about it like this. If you get started on whatever it is now, you will be closer to your goals tomorrow.
- You have something to contribute. As corny as this sounds, use your goals and dreams to make the world a better place. Regardless of the size or kind of effort, there is no greater feeling than contributing to the betterment of humanity.
- It may make you a living and maybe even wealthy. When you enjoy something we become so good at it others may want your services. Trust me, they will pay for it.
- It is your destiny. You were given your natural gifts and motivation for a reason.
- It is your calling. To be quite honest, it was what you were meant to do.
- It will make you happy. You are living the life you have always wanted.
- You deserve it. You deserve to succeed.
Learn from me. You know what? I am not the greatest writer. My sentence structure and grammar aren’t the best. You do know I am a product of the Giuliani New York City Public School system? Just kidding! Like I said, learn from me. I was wrong about myself. Hundreds of blog posts, thousands of Facebook posts, a YouTube channel, Pinterest page, a Google+ page, a Tumblr blog, half-ass Instagram pictures and over 47,000 tweets later prove that I had nothing to fear and I have something meaningful to contribute and so do you. Let’s start working on your hopes and dreams and turn them into your reality.
To create your own personal life plan check out my Change Your Mind, Change Your Life Goals and Action Plan Worksheets. It will help you create goals and action steps to achieve them. If you want more detail check out my book “Change Your Mind, Change Your Destiny” on Amazon for only $2.99. Did I mention it is free for Amazon Prime and Kindle Unlimited users. WE LOVE FREE!!
Join the internet’s only online forum exclusively for Black women here. Want to blog? Check out my 5 steps to building a killer blog and make money from it course and pay what you can. If you like this post, donate $1, $2 or whatever you can at www.bougieBlackgirl.com/donate.
Thanks for reading. The only limit you have is the one you have placed on yourself. Think and be limitless.
Seven free websites that will help Black women move to the city of their dreams! (U.S. cities)
Five simple ways Black women can start a business or career for free
Six websites that will help you learn a new skill for a low price or even for free! We love free!!
More free training and business help here.